Scientist, Strain Engineering
Arzeda is seeking a scientist to join the strain engineering group. Arzeda is a dynamic biotech start-up at the forefront of the synthetic biology revolution. Leveraging our core expertise in computational protein design, high-throughput screening and metabolic engineering, we design novel proteins and metabolic pathways enabling market production of bio-solutions that are sustainable, performance enhancing and create economic values for our customers and partners. A “deep tech” company, we are passionate about our work and our vision to use big compute to better engineer biology for industrial applications.
- Work with a variety of microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, and fungi)
- Assemble genes into metabolic pathways
- Analyze engineered organisms in microtiter and shake flask
- Develop tools for rapid engineering of organisms
- PhD in biological sciences
- Experience with a variety of bacteria and fungi
- Experience building and optimizing metabolic pathways
The successful candidate must be able to work in fast paced environment, organize their work schedule for multiple projects, and work independently as well as in a team setting. Finally, Arzeda seeks and greatly values a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
For further information about this position and to apply please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arzeda Corp. (www.arzeda.com) is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace.