Arzeda, The Protein Design CompanyTM is seeking a creative and highly skilled enzymologist with a passion to identify and bring to market enzymes for novel reactions. Arzeda is a dynamic biotech start-up at the forefront of the synthetic biology revolution. Leveraging our core expertise in computational protein design, high-throughput screening and metabolic engineering, we design novel proteins and metabolic pathways enabling market production of bio-solutions that are sustainable, performance enhancing and create economic values for our customers and partners. A “deep tech” company, we are passionate about our work and our vision to use large scale computation to better engineer biology for industrial applications.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in the continued development of our enzyme engineering platform at Arzeda to rapidly screen and optimize enzyme functions for our novel metabolic pathways. She/he will be responsible for:
- Developing optimized conditions for robust HT enzyme assays
- Implementing miniaturized, reliable enzyme assays
- Perform HT enzyme preparation and assays
- Working with automation and database/LIMS experts, the candidate will be expected to contribute to the implementation of robust and HT enzyme preparation and assay as well as data analysis workflows.
- Working closely with and training associate scientists and technicians to develop, optimize and perform laboratory SOPs related to enzyme expression, purification and assay.
- Interfacing with upstream (e.g., Protein Design, Pathway and Strain Design, and Genetic Build-Design teams) and downstream teams (e.g., Analytics (LC/MS) and Fermentation teams) for efficient data exchange and transfer of materials
The successful candidate will hold a PhD in biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular biology or a related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience in academia and/or industry. This position requires a deep knowledge of enzymology, including enzyme kinetics, protein characterization, analytical biochemistry, and HT-assay development and troubleshooting. Familiarity with automation or semi-automated instrumentation is a plus. The candidate must be comfortable presenting and synthesizing experimental results to draw solid conclusions and recommendations with a focus on producing high quality work. He/she must be self-motivated with a positive work-ethic, pay attention to detail, safety and good lab practice, and willing to work in a small, fun, result-focused environment. The candidate must have excellent teamwork, communication, time management and organization skills. Finally, Arzeda seeks and greatly values a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
For further information about this position and to apply please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Arzeda Corp. (www.arzeda.com) is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace.