Scientist, Strain Engineering
Arzeda is seeking a scientist to join the strain design group. Arzeda is a dynamic biotech start-up at the forefront of the synthetic biology revolution. Leveraging our core expertise in computational protein design, high-throughput screening and metabolic engineering, we design novel proteins and metabolic pathways enabling market production of bio-solutions that are sustainable, performance enhancing and create economic values for our customers and partners. A “deep tech” company, we are passionate about our work and our vision to use big compute to better engineer biology for industrial applications.
- Develop tools for engineering and expressing proteins in Bacillus or filamentous fungi (Aspergillus and Trichoderma).
- Develop protein production screening procedures at the 96 deep well plate and shake flask scale.
- PhD in biological sciences or relevant field.
- Experience with transforming and making genome modifications in Bacillus or filamentous fungi is required.
- Experience with general molecular biology techniques including PCR and assembling DNA fragments using Gibson Assembly
- Experience with purifying proteins and analyzing them by SDS-PAGE and Western blot
- Experience with working in an industrial setting is desired
The successful candidate must be able to work in fast paced environment, organize their work schedule for multiple projects, and work independently as well as in a team setting. Finally, Arzeda seeks and greatly values a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
For further information about this position and to apply please send your CV and a cover letter to "jobs [at] arzeda.com".
Arzeda Corp. (www.arzeda.com) is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace.