The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and completion of projects while remaining aligned with company goals and strategy. This person will oversee initiating, planning, and executing synthetic biology and life sciences projects. In doing this, this person should be able to develop detailed project plans that entail both internal Arzeda tasks and milestones, as well as external client milestones. This person will coordinate with internal functional team leads and members to organize internal updates and external deliverables. The project manager will also be the point person for the external client in which the project is associated, so strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills are necessary. Along with these tasks, the Project Manager needs to have a thorough understanding of the wet lab methods used in synthetic biology, develop an understanding of Arzeda’s unique computational protein and pathway design capabilities, as well be able to critically analyze data originating from the lab. Must have the ability to work at a high energy, cross-functional company with tight deadlines. Business responsibilities include, but are not limited to, project planning, goal setting, project/task prioritization, project documentation, process improvements, resource modeling, and providing metrics on projects.
- Partner with computational team lead and members to successfully achieve project objectives
- Ensure projects are executed on time and within budget
- Create project plans that entail scope, work, resources, scheduling, etc.
- Report project objectives through the project lifecycle
- Report to customer/stakeholder
- Identify and resolve issues and risks
- Report on project progress, offer viable solutions and opportunities as they arise
- Implement appropriate project change control
- Manage resources to make sure schedule is on track
- Facilitate all project team meetings; attend related project team meetings as necessary to ensure alignment
- Evaluate and assess results of projects
- Provide structure and leadership across departments to ensure team meets project objectives
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to manage project deliverables
Competencies and Experience
- Experience in synthetic biology and/or a related biotechnology discipline
- Proficiency with related software tools, including Jira, MS Project, MS PPT, MS Excel, Power BI, etc.
- Experience in Agile teams
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, with matrixed teams; maintaining strong business partner relationships
- Strong leadership skills
- Expertise in conflict resolution
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Willingness to do what needs to be done in a dynamic environment
- MS/PhD in an area related to biotechnology, life sciences or synthetic biology
- Project Management certification and/or MBA strongly preferred
For further information about this position and to apply please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arzeda Corp. (www.arzeda.com) is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace.