Associate Scientist, Strain Design
Arzeda is seeking an Associate Scientist to join the strain design team. Arzeda is a world-leader in protein design and synthetic biology. Leveraging our core expertise in structured-based computational protein design, machine learning and high-throughput testing, we design novel proteins and bio-catalytic processes for the sustainable production of performance ingredients and materials. A deep tech, mission-driven company, we are passionate about our mission to design novel proteins and products that enhance our lives and protect our planet.
- Work with a variety of microorganisms (bacteria and yeast)
- Test protein or molecule production of engineered organisms in microtiter plates and shake flasks
- Analyze and interpret data.
- BS or MS in biological sciences or relevant field
- Experience with a variety of bacteria and fungi
- Experience with assembling DNA fragments to construct plasmids
- Experience with proteins is a plus
The successful candidate must be able to work in fast paced environment, organize their work schedule for multiple projects, and work independently as well as in a team setting. Finally, Arzeda seeks and greatly values a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
For further information about this position and to apply please send your CV and a cover letter to "jobs [at] arzeda.com" with the subject line “Associate Scientist, SDQ”.
Arzeda Corp. (www.arzeda.com) is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace.