Associate Scientist, Analytical Chemistry (Temporary Position)
Arzeda, The Protein Design Company™ is looking for a motivated Associate Scientist to join our analytical chemistry team. This is a temporary position for 6 months. Arzeda is a dynamic biotech start-up at the forefront of the synthetic biology revolution. Leveraging our core expertise in computational protein design, high-throughput testing and metabolic engineering, we design novel proteins and bio-catalytic processes to bring to market products that are sustainable, performance improving and create economic value for our customers and partners. A “deep tech” company, we are passionate about our work and our vision to use large scale computation to better engineer biology for industrial applications.
- Prepare, test, analyze and review samples and date consistently following SOP (standard operating procedures)
- Review and edit current SOPs and create new SOPs for developed methods
- Prepare standards and reagents when needed
- Troubleshoot instrument problems and perform routine maintenance and repair
- Maintain all required documentation with accuracy and clarity
- Maintain inventory of standards and supplies; order replacements as needed
- Follow all safety, ethics and quality practices
- Assist in maintenance and day to day cleanliness of the laboratory and related spaces
- Perform duties as assigned
- B.S. or higher in chemistry or related field and 2 to 4 years of hands-on experience in analytical chemistry using LC-MS, GC-MS and HPLC
- Experience in metabolomics or proteomics is a plus
- Highly self-motivated individual with a positive work-ethic and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of chromatography and instrument responses and ability to think critically
- Good organization and attention to detail while maintaining accurate notes
- Dependable team player
If interested please email a resume and a cover letter to "jobs [at] arzeda.com" with the subject line “Associate Scientist, Analytical Chemistry, temp”.
Arzeda Corp. (www.arzeda.com) is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace.