Associate Scientist, Protein Library Engineering / Directed Evolution
Arzeda is seeking an associate scientist to join its Genetic Design-Build team. Arzeda is a dynamic biotech start-up at the forefront of the synthetic biology revolution. Leveraging our core expertise in computational protein design, high-throughput screening and metabolic engineering, we design novel proteins and metabolic pathways enabling market production of bio-solutions that are sustainable, performance enhancing and create economic values for our customers and partners. A “deep tech” company, we are passionate about our work and our vision to use big compute to better engineer biology for industrial applications.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Generating protein libraries for HTS assays and selections
- High-throughput transformation of expression strains
- Directed evolution to improve characteristics of designed enzymes (e.g., activity, solubility)
- Maintaining Arzeda’s DNA repository and sequence database
- B.S. in biological sciences with 7+ years of experience in industry
- Prior research experience constructing large DNA libraries (> 108members)
- Candidates with enzyme engineering experience will be preferred
- Experience with DNA design software and laboratory automation is a plus
The successful candidate must be willing to work in a small, driven environment under time pressure, be able to work autonomously and possess strong interpersonal skills. Finally, Arzeda seeks and greatly values a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
For further information about this position and to apply please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arzeda Corp. (www.arzeda.com) is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace.