Arzeda is seeking a stellar scientist with strong protein production experience in GRAS hosts to join the fermentation team. Arzeda is a world-leader in protein design and synthetic biology. Leveraging our core expertise in structured-based computational protein design, machine learning and high-throughput testing, we design novel proteins and bio-catalytic processes for the sustainable production of performance ingredients and materials. A deep tech, mission-driven company, we are passionate about our mission to design novel proteins and products that enhance our lives and protect our planet.
- Optimize protein production in bacteria and yeast hosts at 1 and 10 L volumes.
- Develop process protocols using BioPAT MFCS
- Analyzing samples using HPLC or other analytical methods
- Actively participates in scaling-up the developed fermentation process with CMO to 1,000-20,000L scale
- PhD in biological sciences or engineering field with several years of industrial experience
- Experience working with Pichia and potentially other fungi and bacteria
- Experience optimizing fermentation protocols for protein production for intracellular and secreted proteins
- Experience with HPLC instrumentation
- Experience with scale up with a CMO is a big plus
The successful candidate must be able to work in fast paced, dynamic and high intensity environment, organize their work schedule for multiple projects, and work independently as well as in a team setting. Finally, Arzeda seeks and greatly values a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
For further information about this position and to apply please send your CV and a cover letter to "jobs [at] arzeda.com" with the subject line “Scientist, Fermentation”.
Arzeda Corp. (www.arzeda.com) is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace.