Scientist – Computational Protein Design
Arzeda is a world-leader in protein design and synthetic biology. Leveraging our core expertise in structure-based computational protein design, machine learning and high-throughput testing, we design novel proteins and bio-catalytic processes for the sustainable production of performance ingredients and materials. A deep tech, mission-driven company, we are passionate about our mission to design novel proteins and products that enhance our lives and protect our planet.
As a scientist on the Computational Protein Design team, you will help plan and lead the design of key protein targets for both our internal product portfolio as well as our industrial partners. You will also participate in the development of novel computational methods to further improve the robustness and capabilities of our design platform. By bringing your creativity, expertise, and passion to bear on a variety of challenging and exciting protein design problems, you will play an integral role in achieving Arzeda’s vision for a cleaner, more sustainable future through synthetic biology and protein design.
The preferred work location for this position is Seattle, Washington. However, remote work from other U.S. locations is a possibility. The position comes with a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, dental insurance, and paid time off, commensurate with applicant qualifications.
- Understanding and critically reviewing existing biochemical and structural data
- Analyzing and developing mechanistic models of enzyme active sites
- Planning and performing computational design of enzymes and proteins toward novel or improved functionalities and toward increased stability, solubility, or expression
- Participating in the development of novel design methodologies including automation and scale-up of Arzeda’s protein design platform
- Assisting in experimental planning and data analysis
- Communicating design objectives, approaches, and outcomes to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent proficiency with molecular modeling and design packages, such as Rosetta, and a visible track record in computational protein design are required.
- A PhD (or equivalent experience) in biochemistry, chemistry, structural biology, computational biology, or a related field is required.
- Proven experience in enzymology is highly desirable.
- Experience with computer programming or scripting (C/C++, Python) is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with machine learning-based protein modeling or design approaches is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as a member of multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment, on multiple concurrent projects is required.
- A strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged is required.
For further information or to apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to "jobs [at] arzeda.com" with the subject line “Scientist - Computational Protein Design”.
Arzeda Corp. (www.arzeda.com) is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace.